Alumnus at Large Award
The Alumnus at Large Award is given each year during the University’s Commencement Ceremony, to an alumnus for outstanding contributions to Hampton University.
Alumnus at Large Award Winners
2014 Col. James T. George, Mr. Leonard H. Powell
2013 Ms. Margot James Copeland
2013 Judge Wilford Taylor, Jr.
2012 The Honorable McKinley Price
2011 Mrs. Jackie Parker, Mr. C. Kenneth Ewell
2010 Dr. Ronald Hutton
2009 Ms. Johnnie Brooks Booker
- At least one earned academic degree from Hampton University.
- Outstanding achievement in a professional or chosen field of endeavor.
- Achievement which has brought local, state or national recognition to the alumnus.
- Outstanding service rendered in support of alumni and/or University programs at the local, regional or national level.
- Alumnus must be present at the Commencement Ceremony
- Be nominated by Hampton University’s administrators, faculty, or alumni using the “ Alumnus-At-Large Award” form.
- All completed nominations shall be forwarded to the Office of Alumni Affairs, Hampton University.
- Alumni Affairs Director forwards nominations and related documents to the Executive Assistant to the President, Hampton University.
Nominations with complete packet must be submitted to the Alumni Director by March 2, 2015. The Alumni Director will forward nominations to the Executive Assistant to the President on March 13, 2015.
Recognition at the University’s Commencement Ceremony.